You can sign-up for or renew your PLP Insurance in 1 of 4 ways, for absolutely free!
- Fill out the online registration form.
- Call the Member Resource Centre at 1-877-672-7348
- Download the form here and email it back to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Snail mail the downloaded form to:
Attn: MRC – SEIU Healthcare, 125 Mural Street, Richmond Hill, Ontario L4B 1M4
Professional Liability Protection (PLP) Insurance is a form of liability insurance that helps protect service-providing individuals from bearing the full cost of defending against a negligence claim made by a client/patient, and damages awarded in such a civil lawsuit. PLP insurance is mandatory for all nurses in Ontario and is offered by us for free to all SEIU Healthcare members in good standing.
ONLINE REGISTRATION FORM
Enrollment/renewals are accepted throughout the year; however, we encourage you to enroll/renew as soon as possible. To receive your personal certificate in May 2019, you must enroll/renew by March 15, 2019.
EARLY BIRD CONTEST
WIN a $50 gift card by signing up/renewing by March 15, 2019!
This year, there are multiple ways you can win a $50 gift card from us!
- Sign-up or renew your PLP Insurance AND get 10 of your SEIU Healthcare Nursing colleagues to sign-up or renew their PLP Insurance by March 15, 2019 and you’ll be entered into a draw to win a $50 gift card (1 winner per region). Add the names of your colleagues you’ve gotten to sign-up/renew their PLP Insurance by completing the downloadable form.
- Create a post on Facebook, Instagram and/or twitter to encourage your fellow nurses to sign up/renew their PLP Insurance. Make sure to tag SEIU Healthcare in the post and to include the link to the online registration form: www.seiuhealthcare.ca/plp. Winners from each of the following categories will be randomly chosen to win a $50 gift card:
- Registered Nurse
- Registered Practical Nurse
- Nurse Practitioner
- Hospital Sector
- Home and Community Care Sector
- Retirement and Long-Term Care Sector
If you have any questions, please visit our FAQ page or call the MRC at 1-877-672-7348.